Founding Director of the Australian Centre for NanoMedicine at UNSW
Professor Maria Kavallaris is Founding Director of the Australian Centre for NanoMedicine at the University of New South Wales, and is an NHMRC Investigator and Theme Head at the Children’s Cancer Institute. Maria’s research excellence has been recognised many times and she is recognised for her innovation in driving interdisciplinary research in cancer nanomedicine.
- Receipt of competitive national and international fellowships
- Two Australian Museum Eureka Prizes,
- 2017 Premiers Science and Engineering Prize for Leadership in Innovation in NSW
- 2019 Lemberg Medal
- 2020 NSW Premier’s Woman of the Year
- Presidential Medal for Outstanding Contributions from the President of the Republic of Cyprus in 2022.
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences and a Fellow of the Royal Society of NSW.
- Appointed a Member (AM) of the Order of Australia in 2019 for her significant service to medicine, and to medical research, in the field of childhood and adult cancers.